Thursday, March 14, 2013

Why We Are So Blessed To Have Carpet


Carpet is a very good thing to have in a home.  It makes the home warm and friendly, while providing comfort.  I couldn’t even imagine what life would be like without carpet.  My husband just got back from a trip to Haiti.  He helped provide them running water to their villages, and they were so grateful.  When he got home he was showing me pictures of the houses they lived in, and the types of belongings that they had.  One thing I noticed when looking at these houses was that they didn’t have any types of carpet in their tiny little homes, and didn’t even have electricity.  It made me so sad to see that people live like this, but they were just the happiest people around.  This got me thinking about my own life, and all the wonderful things I have been blessed with that I take for granite every day.  One of those things would definitely be my carpet.

A few years ago we moved into a brand new home, I was so picky about everything that went in my home, and had to upgrade everything.  Something I was extremely picky about was my carpet.  I had to have the very best smart carpet out there with the very best carpet pad.   Carpet is something that means a lot to me.  I spent a lot of time looking for the perfect carpet, and finally found exactly what I was looking for.  The poor people in Haiti would give anything for a simple piece of carpet, and I had to have the very best of the best, which isn’t a bad thing, but I just need to take more time to notice all the blessings I have in my life, and really take care of the nice things I have.

Time and time again I find myself doing things on my carpet that I really shouldn’t.  I find myself doing things like eating dinner on it, drinking grape juice, and even letting my muddy dog run across it after he comes in from outside.  To truly show my gratitude for the things I have, and all I have been blessed with, I really need to take the time to take care of all my belongings, and truly show my appreciation for them.

I’m so grateful my husband had the opportunity to help those in Haiti; it made me realize how much we truly have, and helped me want to take better care of our things in our home.  From this day forward I’m going to make a goal to take extra good care of my smart carpet, and all my other belongings.  We truly are a blessed people.

To check out some of my favorite carpet go to  http://www.buysmartcarpet.com



No comments:

Post a Comment